Hyperbolic and plebeian observations on life.

Name:
Location: NC

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" -Pride and Prejudice

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boycott the insanity

Last night I saw my first commercial for Mission Impossible 3. Those who know me know what's coming. I despise Tom Cruise. I would like to point out, though, that my dislike was formed long before his latest sharp decent into madness. It helps that I never really liked him in the first place. Everybody thought it was so cute when he and Katie Holmes hooked up and she said she had had a childhood crush on him back in the day. Back in the Top Gun days, and heaven forbid, the Cocktail days I thought he was abrasively annoying even back then. Over the years he continues to call himself an "actor" but I disagree. He is a "movie star" and that is something totally different. He's the same character in every single movie. Yes, people will say there's been exceptions such as Interview with a Vampire and Magnolia, but not really. Every character he plays is a self-obsessed overconfident jackass. With that fanatical gleam in his eye, you know he rides every one around him into the ground with his incessant determination in the face of logic itself.

I dislike him for many reasons, but most of them center around one character trait. He's crazier than an outhouse rat without the decency to be ashamed of it. At least Margo Kidder hid in some bushes. He's out there lettin his little crazy light SHINE, at every mass-media opportunity he's attempting to shame us for our sanity. The nerve! He is well and truly gone, folks. We're talking all the way into WackoJacko land crazy. The thetans have eaten his brain. How crazy could he be?, you wonder.


Here are some highlights from an upcoming interview in GQ.

Some personal favorites:

"Cruise claims he can get a person off heroin in three days. "

"I just picked something up. And I knew at that moment she was pregnant.
'Cuz I notice things in people."

"Sometimes people freak out when they see the stuff I do. But it's like,
'Look, this is who I am,' and people who know me know I'm very safe about it.
I'm not crazy ..."

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. No, in case you are wondering, I'm not going to see the movie. I saw the first and second one years ago and found them ridiculous, and not in the awesomely unintentional Snakes on a Plane kind of ridiculous, but the Armageddon kind. And really, why would anyone want to see him prance his little self around on the big screen getting shot at and almost blown up in his new movie? Unless he gets ACTUALLY shot and then actually blown up. I'd watch that. Just to make sure he was really dead, and then his broken corpse would have to be carted all over the country so we could all see it for ourselves and throw stones and rotten produce at it. Then we could all sleep a little easier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... you don't like him, then?

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home