Hyperbolic and plebeian observations on life.

Name:
Location: NC

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" -Pride and Prejudice

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Tomocalypse

Way, way back in my early blogging days, (three? four months ago), I shared with you a freakish strawberry I came across. This time it's worse, people. This goes beyond the wretched accident of errant radiation causing strange mutation. This time...this time it is so horrific, so twisted and unnatural that demonic forces are surely at work. And this time, the horror was produced in my own backyard.

No, it's not from the tomato bucket. That is doing quite well, actually. It's not churning out tons of tomatoes, but the ones it has are tasty and normal sized. The abomination was produced by one of our regular, ground-based plants.

At first glance, it is deceptively impressive:


You're thinking, wow, that tomato is huge! It is the pinnacle of homegrown tomatoes!


And then you turn it over...

and the skies turn black and the rivers run red with spaghetti sauce.I believe I shall call him Damien.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck are you using as fertilizer?
We had demonic tomatoes last year, now we have a new plant and it produced 2 mini tommies.
But I have to say you take the cake. That's the most crazy looking fruit I've ever seen!!!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home