Hyperbolic and plebeian observations on life.

Name:
Location: NC

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" -Pride and Prejudice

Monday, July 17, 2006

I wanna be repulsive

Back in like '92, my older sister and I were in the car and the Wilson Phillips song "Impulsive" came on. Mishearing the lyrics, she looked over and me and asked "She wants to be repulsive?" We shared a good laugh over it, and Wilson Phillips, looking back, were a notable part of bad nineties music, see Right Said Fred, The Gin Blossoms, The Spin Doctors. Oh God, The Spin Doctors still haunt my nightmares. Also things we've thought better of: pinch-rolling pants, pastel-colored mascara, shoulder pads, puffy painted clothing

A lot of things we will look back on ten, fifteen years from now and all point and laugh at. I've made a list of things I find repulsive, so that it can be like a time capsule, and I can compare it to the state of the world at a later date. And here it goes:


Things that repulse me so violently as to cause a physical reaction including cringeing, eye-watering, shuddering and heaving enough taste vomit in the back of my throat:


Geraldo Riviera's mustache - I believe it is achieving consciousness; I can't understand why they still let him on TV

Ann Coulter - I have yet to find a reason NOT to believe she is a tool of the beast

The Cracker Barrel "gift shop"

Kid Rock - see Ann Coulter

"beach"-themed home decor - I personally find it the decorating equivalent of blue eyeshadow

Ornamental fruit trees - a cruel tease of a life form

Televangelists -so many reasons, but mostly for their fake tans, expensive suits and false piety

Tom Cruise - see Kid Rock

Rod Stewart/Michael Bolton (both of their voices make me want to rip off their legs and shove them in my ears)

Paris Hilton's music career - because it exists and what that bodes for our society

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home