Hyperbolic and plebeian observations on life.

Name:
Location: NC

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" -Pride and Prejudice

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My tv guilty pleasure

While most reality tv makes my brain want to liquefy itself and dribble out of my ear, I do have a guilty pleasure this summer. I pretty much love me some So You Think You Can Dance. It kicks American Idol up and down the block. Seriously. Dooce has a much better write up of it than I could ever come up with.

I say it is physically impossible to watch this and not smile.



I've even got my husband watching it (don't tell him I told you). There have been quite a few memorable moments on the show, such as Heidi getting her butt played like bongos (hilarious), Travis and Heidi's Sunflower dance (sniff!), and Donyelle kicking Benji down to the ground and stalking after him (sofa king hot). My favorites are Heidi and Benji, but seeing them dance together makes me feel kinda dirty, because they're cousins in real life. They danced a mambo or a tango (some latin dance) a couple of weeks ago and it was just too sexy not to get a little squicked out. They're both so fun and sassy and incredible dancers, though. Tonight it's down to the final four, which they describe as part one of the finale, so check it out. It's not like there's anything better on.

Here's a great montage of the show set to Justin Timberlake's new "SexyBack" song, which I found pretty enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife made me watch Joe Millionaire with her. Never again!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this one. Although Mike likes to make fun of them. He hates all those shows.
I was very mad when Allison got voted off. She was awesome.
BTW, your video is no longer available, it said.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home